Saturday, September 15, 2012

Drawing Challenge [76/Spider]

HALLOWEEN HAIKU decorated envelope... The theme this week is 'spider/web' and I must admit I loved this week's challenge. As I was falling asleep a few nights ago, haiku started weaving their way through my thoughts so I jumped up and wrote them down. Thankfully. As the next day I'd forgotten anything haiku. I decided to illustrate one of them:
You can see the haiku on the envelope. Here's a close-up of the stick insect with 'spidey' riding on top:
Won't the stick insect be surprised when he learns that the spider is alive. He thought that he'd found an abandoned shed spider skin and that it would be an excellent Halloween costume to go trick or treating in. Spidey was just taking a long nap and when he woke up he was being carried to someplace that had music and nice smells and singing and laughing and an amazing fireworks display. Oh what a hullabaloo! To see other great and inspiring and exciting art done by the 'players' this week, drop in to see Renilde. She is our host this week and she chose the theme.
Remember, anyone can join in the fun in the drawing challenge activity. All you need to do is sign up to let the host know you are playing along, so that she or he will be able to put you on the players' list and link back to your blog so that folk can come visit you!! Ariane always has the information about who is the current or upcoming host, and the dates, and the themes as well.
Here are the other haiku choices that I had:
*1* Jumping spiders... Like cats on a hot tin roof
*2* Spider web fishing net. Caught one!
*3* Spider and Bat; Scaredy cat friends.
I'll be giving away this decorated envelope so if you would like me to send it to you addressed to you, or just left blank so you can address it yourself, or if you want me to address it to someone other than you...just leave a comment below, and I'll draw a name out of the hat next Saturday.
Thanks for dropping by today...see you soon I hope! *smiles* Norma

11 comments:

  1. aw, you're such a dab hand at your envelopes, did i tell ya already? it's a wonderous haiku (amazing how memorizing lines do indeed not stick till morning; i've tried it several times, from laziness, and in the morning... all gone!)
    no hat for me, cheers! too scaredy cat of the eight legged fellows.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. marvelous!!!
    love the art and haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your haikus are brilliant. I always had trouble writing haikus but yours seem to flow easily, Norma!
    Spidey is a trickster for sure. xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful ink drawing Norma a spider with attitude he looks grumpy (therefore assume he is male!) yes the stick insect is in for a surprise...heh heh heh

    Great story

    Have a great weekend

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear Norma, again a wonderful envelop, i did forget to let you know that the lovely one you sent me with Orisia's address on it has found it's way to a very happy receiver in Rotterdam and the other one is hanging in my studio, the more i look at it the more i love it,

    what a great way to fall asleep :) x thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Norma
    Great job on the buggies:)
    Love the haiku

    ReplyDelete
  7. LIke your scrawl drawing of this grumpy looking web - gives me a big big smile. Thank you for that!
    xo Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely drawing
    and haiku
    and
    the way you photographed it
    with the checked red and white

    Patrice A.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halloween is my favorite candy holiday, Norma. Love your spider story and the illustration that goes along with. Poor sticky-insect! xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful drawing...I don't know why, but the spider made me smile.
    Hope to read more haikus from you
    Greetings from
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well the name chosen by Random.org is Sabine. I'll be contacting you Sabine, for your snail mail address! I wish I could send all of you a spidey decorated envelope!! Thank you to each and every one of you for your wonderful comments. You make my day. Hugs, Norma, xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...