Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bird coming along...and (WOYWW164)

On my desk today is watercolor, watercolor, and more watercolor. And flowers when I can get them. Today are some funny looking daisies. I've never seen these before; their petals are curled like crazy. They are awesome.
Here, my Alaska Peep is coming along. I am learning to paint with watercolor. This is the first attempt with this bird. I'm discovering paint strokes and how this paper takes watercolor.
When I'm finished this painting, I'm going to turn right around and paint it again, using the strokes I'm learning (or trying to learn). See that egg. I made it years ago in papier mache. Recently I found the mold and am thinking that I should make a new batch of eggs. This one is keeping bird company while it waits for its' feet to be put on.
Thanks for dropping in today. To see more wonderful desks from a great group of folk who play along with the one and only Julia on her blog 'Stamping Ground' just click her name. See you soon I hope. *smiles* Norma

9 comments:

  1. Your doing a great job at painting , well done . jill #32

    ReplyDelete
  2. your watercolouring is superb and i thought that was a real egg when i first saw it :)
    happy woyww
    kay #35

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little bird is looking fab! Loving the egg too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norma, your bird is looking wonderful. Such great inspiration. You are spreading your wings and learning watercolour, how fun and exciting.
    Can't wait to see it finished. Happy summer to you.
    Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too think this bird is going to be wonderful.I love to paint when I have time,I find it a very peaceful thing to do. Another jill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful bird and wonderful egg!(first I thought it was a stone..!) :-) mano

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how clever - I have always wanted to have a go at watercolour. Pop into my blog and having a go at guessing the scarves in the rainbow!! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely Norma
    you will have to show us when it is finished

    Love the egg!

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Norma, Oh my I am loving your watercolour bird! It is beautiful. Lovely work. I also love the pin you have made for the give away, but decided not to comment there, as I am already so fortunate to have a piece of your work, and don't want to be greedy. Share the beauty! Enjoy your mushroom themed Mad Hatters Party!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...