Saturday, May 19, 2012

Little Red Riding Bird Brooch

Well I quickly finished off the brooch I'd started yesterday. I wanted to see how it would turn out. I love it. I have to sleep on it before I make any real commentary however.
The original drawing/painting was done on used tea bag paper which as you may know, I adore. When I pasted the wee thing on to the painted canvas, I wasn't thrilled with the result. From now on I'll have to paint directly on to the canvas itself. And my crochet skills are sadly atrophied but I'm getting the swing of things in that area so that as I worked my way around the edge I got the rhythm of the hook and cotton thread working together. Here is what the back looks like.
Here is what the wee thing looked like before I cut the canvas into a brooch oval shape.
Well I will be making more of these. I cannot express how much fun I had designing and making it. I think I might make some to put on my etsy shop. Thanks for dropping in and we'll see you soon I hope! *smiles* Norma

7 comments:

  1. The brooch is a success ,I hope you do put some on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i love the brooch, too!

    last night I crocheted glass shards that I collected on the river bank...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! I love it- just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely work and detail put into this. I can tell you put your Heart into you Art.
    Take care, Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. this bird is so charming and I really like the idea of making a brooch with it!

    greetings from the garden (without wolves just with my dog)

    :-)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely in love with this...wow..enchanting!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...