Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bird Construction Zone

On my worktable (ahem! I mean my daughter's dining room table) is the panorama that is bird making in progress!
This pink robin is awaiting a coat of black paint on its' beak; then a light sprinkling of silver acrylic. AND the all important coating of glitter along its' back. Then it'll be banded (number of bird) and will be ready to fly! Well, after the legs get a coat of something that will cover the yellow string and shiny metal, and a hanging thread strung, that is...



Cut, sew, glue, cut, sew, glue, cut, sew, glue...



An early starling joins the fray! Each bird gets its' own armature!!



I am so excited! I finally scrunched up enough nerve to contact a retail outlet to see if they might be interested in selling my birds...and they want to meet me to see them in person. I'm nervous and excited all at once. So I am in full on bird making mode. BUT MY DAUGHTER GETS BACK TOMORROW! (Can you hear the pounding timbal in the background? No, wait, that is my heart!) Time to clean up!

Thanks for dropping by! *smiles* Norma


To see more fabulous artists who show us what is on their workdesk today, drop in here!

14 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!!!! Wahoo. Keep us posted, we will be rooting for you. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love your little blue Janome, I have a little white one.. Thanks for the peek and sharing.

    Hope you are having a great WOYWW.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your work space and the progress of your little birds. Hope you have success with them

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely AND they made me smile. Good luck at the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the meeting at the shop! I hope they do stock them as the birds are such fun!
    Hugs, LLJ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg - those birds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely comments everyone! You make my day you do!! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous I love the crafty mess, I mean the craftiness! Does his legs bend, so he can can posed? Love it!! thanks for thesnoop!! happy (late) woyww
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the birds good luck with the selling, but dont sell yourself short.
    not sure about the concept of tidying up!LOL
    thanks for sharing
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for you! Best of luck with your beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurrah, more tables of indeterminate purpose. One long arm sweep (once all the precious birds are removed) should do the trick! Good luck with the meeting and well done yoiu for having the confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your birds and hope that all goes well with your sales pitch ... do keep us posted. A black bag sweep will sort out that table and your daughter will never know :) Good luck and have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #53

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your comment on my blog and decided to come for a visit. You have some pretty awesome birds. Gothic arches, too! I really love your style.

    Best of luck with selling your darling birds. They are truly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to see work in progress, you can see where people have got thier inspiration, and creativity, thanks for sharing, xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...