Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fabric collage


Lately I've been noticing wonderful fabric collages and I finally succumbed to the mystique of this lovely artform. I just had to grab a pair of scissors and root around in my sewing basket for snippets of lace, and any tiny bit of flower I might find, and then figure out what papers I had (lots of music sheet pages), what rubber stamp images (I knew I wanted a bird of some sort) and the quote was actually what launched the whole piece in the first place, so I didn't have to source out a quote specifically for the piece.
Well it took not long at all and was very satisfying to say the least. There's not much to it and as I have to get back to the pressing things (creatively speaking) that are calling, I don't have time right this moment to play with the collage artform. But I do look forward to revisiting this experience. So relaxing. It's a wonderful way to settle down.

4 comments:

  1. It is beautifull, I love it, and the qoute.
    xo,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley work. I too have those piles of lace and fabric bits.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun activity. Thanks for noticing. It would be fun to swap these bits one day; maybe have a challenge (I think that is what it's called) where one person mails a package of bits n' pieces to another person who creates the collage and then mails it back to the person who put the package together. Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...