Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snowman with metal heart


Snowman with metal heart
Originally uploaded by fairyyellowbug
Well it seems that just as we'd thought that there'd be an early spring around these parts, a heavy snow fell last week. So what to do but make a snowman! I found an old aluminum pie tin over at the dumpground and it was so rusted and split that it couldn't be made new again so I just went at it with a scouring pad and cut it into a heart. I think he looks fabu. if I must say so myself. Oh the whole neighborhood has had something or other to say about it. I shot this photo only a day before the sun came out and melted him away into the magic realm of memory.
Also at the dump I found an old Nabob coffee container. It's glass and has a lovely red lid. I'm just going to clean it up and use it for my new/old cookie jar. Then what is a Queen to do but to fill it with cookies. Let's see...sugar or gingersnaps? I'll let you know. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...